loading Loading, please wait...

How to Verify a Professional's License in Oklahoma City?

Professionals in Oklahoma City are typically regulated by both state and local agencies. These include the Oklahoma Medical Board, which licenses health-related professionals, the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board, which oversees the activities of six construction-related industries, and the Oklahoma State Board of Licensure for Engineers and Land Surveyors, which oversees engineers and land surveyors. To ensure that your projects are carried out professionally and to generally accepted standards, you should make sure you hire a licensed professional. You can find out about license requirements by contacting the board that licenses your preferred professional. These boards also typically provide online tools that you can use to verify the licensing status of these professionals. For example, you can authenticate the license of a construction-related professional in Oklahoma City via the Licensee Search tool provided by the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board. Note that professionals licensed by this board must also undergo additional local registration with the Oklahoma City Development Services Department. You may verify the city-required registration of professionals in Oklahoma City by calling (405) 297-2581. Alternatively, you may search the city's database through Oklahoma City's Citizen Portal.

It is important to note that in addition to licensing requirements for building projects, certain projects may also require permits. If a permit is required, you may obtain one through the city's Citizen Access portal or by calling (405) 297-2525.

Do Oklahoma City Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

Oklahoma City is made up of eight wards and it also has a city council that is responsible for passing laws, determining budget expenditure, and maintaining the general welfare of the city's residents. Voters from each of the eight wards elect a representative to the city council while the Mayor is then elected at large. You can access the city's ward map to find out more about what ward you belong to, your ward representative, and other ward-related information.

Although the city council does not issue building-related permits, some of its functions include reviewing zoning and land use within the city. The city has taken a decision to diversify its economy by investing in city infrastructure, and in spite of the pandemic and global economic downturn, it has continued construction on different important facilities. Some of these include the former Villa Teresa School at Classen Boulevard which is being redeveloped into a boutique hotel, and the ongoing renovations of the BancFirst Tower, which is expected to be finished in 2022. Similarly, the newly completed Riversport Complex provides an opportunity for outdoor adventurers to experience surfing, whitewater rafting and tubing, and indoor snow skiing among many other attractions.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Oklahoma City?

Unfair business complaints can be filed in Oklahoma City through the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Oklahoma Attorney General. Complaints may be brought against fraud, unfair business practices, or other illegal activities. To file a complaint, you will be required to download and fill a consumer complaint form. After completion, the form should be saved and emailed alongside any supporting documents to the consumer protection unit with the subject ˜Complaint'. Alternatively, you can mail the completed form and supporting documents to:

  • Oklahoma Attorney General's Office
  • Consumer Protection Unit
  • 313 NE 21st
  • Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105

If you have any questions or inquiries, you may call a consumer representative of the Consumer Protection Division at (833) 681-1895. Note that the Attorney General's office cannot provide you with legal advice or institute legal actions on your behalf. Any actions instituted by this office are to protect the public interest as opposed to your private interests. When your complaint is filed, the office serves as a mediator to try to reach a satisfactory resolution. In situations where your complaint falls under the jurisdiction of another federal, state, or local agency, it will be referred to the appropriate agency. If there is a failure to reach a resolution or the resolution reached is unfavorable to you, you may institute a private legal action at an Oklahoma County Small Claims Court.